EZEKIEL BREAD AVOCADO TOAST:
1 serving, 238 calories
- Toast one slice of ezekiel 4:9 sprouted 100% whole grain bread
- top the toast with 1/4 mashed avocado
- top the avocado with a sliced hard boiled egg
quick tips: some spice toppings to try include salt & pepper, chili flakes, or nutritional yeast
SWEET POTATO TOAST
1 serving, 152 calories
- use a cooked slice of sweet potato as your “toast”
top the sweet potato with 1 tbsp of almond butter
top the almond butter with 3-4 banana slices
use cinnamon & honey to taste
quick tips: purchase Sweet PotaTOASTS on amazon to save time on slicing & baking your sweet potato toast. versatile and can be topped with almost anything! try topping it with some avocado and egg!
4 pears, such as bosc, bartlett or anjou
24 fresh cranberries
4 tbps chopped pecans
¼ tsp ground cinnamon, plus more, if needed
¼ tsp ground nutmeg, plus more, if needed.
4 tsp raw honey
Greek yogurt for pairing, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Halve the pears and then core. I cored the pears with a cookie scoop but you can use a melon baller, too. Slice a small part off of the backside of each pear half to create a flat surface so the pear sits flat when laid on the pan.
- Place the pear halves on a large baking sheet or baking pan, cored side up. Place three cranberries into the cored part of each pear half. Sprinkle each pear half with about ½ tbsp of the pecans and then sprinkle each pear half with the cinnamon and nutmeg. Drizzle each pear half with ½ tsp of honey. I did this by squeezing the honey into a ½ tsp measuring spoon and then drizzling over each pear half.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until the pears are tender.
- Serve with Greek yogurt, if desired.
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, large sprouts halved or quartered
- 16 ounces sweet potatoes (about 1 large), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices (6 ounces) thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Chicken Breast, cut into 1/4-inch chunks, juices reserved
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, optional
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts or Brazil nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces low-sodium blue cheese crumbles, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil and black pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a large, rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle bacon throughout.
- Roast 30–35 minutes, stirring in the cut chicken and reserved juices with 8–10 minutes remaining.
- Once chicken is warmed through, remove pan from the oven and transfer contents to a large serving bowl.
- Add balsamic glaze and chopped hazelnuts and gently toss to coat.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by North Jersey Fitness Visions and while we strive to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. We value your privacy. Any and all information provided through this website is solely used for purposes to communicate with the user and will not be used for any other purpose.