- 1 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons smart balance butter or butter
- 1lb. thick cut cod loin
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (plus 1 tsp for garnishing)
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place 3 tablespoons smart balance butter in a microwave-safe bowl; melt in microwave on high, about 30 seconds. Stir Panko bread crumbs, chopped parsley, lemon juice, lemon rind, salt, pepper, and green onions in with the butter and combine.
- Foil a 7×11-inch baking dish or cookie sheet and spray with pam.
- Coat the Panko mixture on top of the cod and pack tightly to the fish. Bake cod in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes apart easily with a fork. Remove from oven.
- Garnish baked cod with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.