- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, boneless, skin on (6-8oz each)
- 1 lemon for slicing
- 1-2 sprigs thyme for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook about 1 minute but don’t allow the garlic to turn brown. Off the heat, and add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt and pour into a 9 by 12″ baking dish.
Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.
Bake for 30-40min depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned. If the chicken is not browned, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Take a spoon and spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve hot with pan juices.